In order to produce a good crop these principles should be applied
- Maintain a mulch cover. Don’t burn!
- Maintain the soil structure & preserve the natural fauna. Don’t plough!
- Plant according to precise spacings and specifications in order to achieve optimal plant populations that give your plants the best chance to thrive. (See ‘Resources’ to see our recommendations)
- Give nutrition to your plants in whichever form you are able i.e. manure, compost, etc.
- Weed regularly and thoroughly catching the weeds while they are small in order to save time and energy and cause the whole system to become far more manageable.